Extra Value: The RB750-EZ package combines an Installation Kit and Backflow Preventer with the best-selling Basepump RB750.
Click to see the rest of the Basepump water powered sump pump product line, or use product navigation at top-left of this page.
- Exceptionally reliable water powered backup sump pump - for homes with Normal Volumes of sump water. Includes Installation Kit and Backflow Preventer.
- No battery to wear out or charger to monitor.
- Included Do-It-Yourself Installation Kit ($93 value) includes all the specialty parts you'll need to install the pump, except for 2 easy-to-find lengths of pipe.
- Includes a built-in brass backflow preventer to protect your incoming water source.
- Operates automatically. Independent of your main pump.
- Unique ceiling-mounted design means that, unlike other water-powered backup sump pumps, Basepump does not have to fight downward water pressure. As a result, it delivers dependable pumping power without undue strain on the pump.
- Free Shipping to the continental USA
How Basepump Works
- When water rises above the normal high water level in your sump pit, for any reason, the Basepump float lifts.
- The float then opens a valve, sending municipal water through the Basepump Ejector.
- This water flow creates powerful suction, which draws sump water up from your pit and discharges it outdoors.
- Once the float returns to its normal level, a pre-set timing control keeps Basepump pumping long enough to completely drain the sump before switching off.
- This cycle repeats when the water level rises above normal again.
- More on how Basepump works.
- Basepump is mounted on the ceiling, high above the sump pit, so that it does not have to fight downward water pressure. As a result, it delivers dependable pumping power without undue strain on the pump.
- Ceiling mount also keeps the pump safely away from the corrosion, clogging, debris, and scale build-up that can take place in the sump pit.
- Pump has no mechanical parts, motors, or turbines to break. No maintenance required.
- Heavy duty, corrosion resistant polypropylene construction.
- Float is hydraulic for added reliability, and has no electronic components to worry about.
- No battery, wires, or charger needed to run the pump.
- Check valve prevents water from reversing and flowing back down into the sump
- Included Dual Check Valve backflow preventer protects you municipal water supply.
- 5 year limited manufacturer's warranty, the industry's longest.
- Each unit is hand-assembled and hand-tested in the USA.
- Fully automatic operation. Starts pumping when needed, whether you are home or away. Completely independent of main pump.
- Float positioning and cycle timing control are both adjustable, to ensure sump is emptied completely on each cycle.
- Unlimited running time, as long as water supply is available.
- Low cost to operate. No cost until it runs; then only cost is the water.
- More efficient water use than other water powered pumps on the market: 1 gallon of municipal water removes 2 gallons of sump water, at 10' of lift and 90 lbs. PSI.
- Independent water alarm included (a $30 value) to alert you to high water conditions. Can be connected to your security system.
- Can be installed safely in radon-sealed sump pits.
- Works in small sump pits, as small as 10" diameter.
Pump VolumeBasepump RB750-EZ removes 2 gallons of sump water for every 1 gallon of municipal water used. Pumping rates below at 10' lift and the following household water pressures.
- 40 lbs. PSI: 700 GPH (gallons per hour)
- 60 lbs. PSI: 750 GPH
- 80 lbs. PSI: 800 GPH
- 90 lbs. PSI: 900 GPH
The included Do-It-Yourself Installation Kit contains all the specialty parts you'll need for standard installation, except for 2 easy-to-find lengths of pipe (see "Additional Pipes Needed for Installation" below).
This kit is a $93 value, but comes at no extra cost to you, saving you both money and the time you would have spent searching through your local hardware store! This is an unmatched value - no other water powered sump pump comes with anything like this kit. Refer to chart below for specifics.
See complete installation video on our Basepump additional information page - follow link above under "How Basepump Works." Installation items included with the pump:
- PVC fittings, including parts for most standard installations.
- Mounting clamps and screws, Velcro cable tie straps.
- 3 feet of flexible PVC discharge hose.
- Backflow preventer (dual check valve)
- Ball valve
- Water alarm
- Complete installation instructions - fully illustrated and easy to read.
Items Required for Installation
Avg. Retail Price
|Pipes & Fittings|
|Backflow Preventer||Not Included||Included||$31.00|
|Ball Valve||Not Included||Included||$11.00|
|Push Connector Tee||Not Included||Included||$14.00|
|Push Connector Adapter||Not Included||Included||$7.00|
|PVC Suction Pipe, 1" Size||Not Included||Not Included||$2.50|
|Copper, PEX, PVC Water Line, 3/4"||Not Included||Not Included||Varies|
|Water Alarm||Not Included||Included||$30.00|
|Total Value of Included Materials||$93.00|
- Basepump RB750-EZ ejector. Polypropylene. Resists rust, scale build up, and corrosion. The valve and adaptor are factory assembled and attached to the ejector. You do not have to make any threaded connections yourself during installation. Fits 3/4" pipes. Can also be adapted to fit 1/2" pipes - just replace the adaptor and tee with 1/2" size, which can be found at your local hardware store.
- Built-in Dual Check Valve Backflow Preventer to protect your incoming water source.
- Check valve. Prevents water from flowing back down into sump pit.
- Float unit. Operates ejector valve.
- Hydraulic transfer tube. Connects float to ejector.
- Suction screen. Keeps debris out.
- Water alarm. Has relay outputs allowing connection to security system or auto-dialer. 9V battery included (Note - alarm may differ slightly from picture above).
- Flexible PVC discharge hose, 3 ft. length.
- Mounting clamps, screws, fittings, ball valve.
- Velcro cable tie straps.
- Complete installation instructions. Fully illustrated, easy to read.
- 5 year manufacturer's limited warranty.
Additional Pipes Needed for Installation
The only additional materials you need to buy for standard installation are these 2 easy-to-find lengths of pipe:
- Suction pipe: 1" PVC pipe, schedule 40 white, 10' long
- Cold water pipe: 3/4" PEX, Copper, or CPVC tubing.
Water Supply Checklist
To make sure you can use the Basepump RB750-EZ, verify the following:
- Household Water Pressure: You need between 40 and 90 PSI at the Basepump Ejector. Make sure you take into account the pressure loss from your test point to the Basepump Ejector. Avoid excessive piping from the tee-in point (see the diagram above of the Basepump connection to your water line).
- Household Water Flow: To use Basepump RB750-EZ, you need to be able to fill a 5 gallon bucket within 40 seconds with water from your home's hose spigot.
- Pipe Types: Basepump requires full-flow copper piping or an equivalent (PVC, CPVC, PEX are all fine as long as they are approved in your area). Basepump CANNOT be used with galvanized iron pipes.
- Pipeline Restrictions. Basepump needs to be teed into your water line before any devices that can restrict water flow. Examples of these devices include: stop & waste valves, pressure regulator valves (PRV), water conditioners, water filters, etc. Water meter must be minimum 3/4" standard.
- Shipping weight: 11 lbs.
- Free standard ground shipping to the continental USA.
- Canadian customers: We must process your orders over the phone. To place an order, call us at 800-318-4159. Ground shipping to Canada is $51 (includes customs duty).
- Call us for quotes to Alaska and Hawaii, or for Second Day or Next Day Air Shipping quotes.
Note: All prices in USD
To see other water powered backup sump pumps we offer, use the product navigation links on the top left of this page. Examples include the high performance Basepump HB1000 for higher volume needs, and the heavy-duty Basepump CB1500 commercial-grade pump.