Home ownership brings with it a seemingly endless list of projects. These DIY home improvement tasks can be relatively straightforward, like routine spring cleaning or fun craft projects, or they can be complicated and intimidating, like fixing foundation cracks or replacing your roof. Regardless of whether you handle the project yourself or hire professionals to help you, it is a good idea to learn about the task at hand so you're aware of what it entails. For tips on how to address common maintenance issues facing homeowners, check out our collection of blog posts and articles below.
- Discusses causes of driveway cracks and provides tips on how to seal your driveway.
- Learn how to spot problems in your foundation. Describes signs of foundation movement to watch for, common foundation crack types and their meanings, and more.
Hiring a Contractor
- Describes the important steps involved when hiring a contractor, including due diligence you should perform, the bidding process, and what information should be agreed upon in writing.
Home Emergency Kit
- Learn how to make an emergency survival kit for your home. It is certainly worth investing a couple of hours to ensure that you have the survival supplies you need in case a serious emergency strikes.
Interior Painting Techniques
- In this 3 part blog post, learn 11 important interior house painting tips from a professional painter on how to prepare the area for painting, how to avoid accidents, brush and roller preparation, how to use primer, and more.
Lifespans of Home Appliances
- Infographic on how long home appliances tend to last.
- Think you might need a new roof? Learn the warning signs to check for to tell if your roof is nearing the end of its lifespan.
Plumbing Terms and their Definitions
- Learn common terms that you will run into while researching a plumbing project.
Roof Replacement Cost
- Learn how much a new roof could cost you. Includes cost information on labor, various material types, and the removal of the old roof.
Click to return to Learning Center main page.