Click to see the rest of the Basepump water powered sump pump product line, or use product navigation at top-left of this page.
- Exceptionally reliable water powered backup sump pump - for homes with Higher Volumes of sump water. Includes Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker backflow preventer.
- No battery to wear out or charger to monitor.
- Includes a built-in Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker backflow preventer, which has been approved by all the major backflow prevention authorities, to protect your incoming water source.
- Operates automatically. Independent of your main pump.
- Unique ceiling-mounted design means that, unlike other water-powered sump pumps, Basepump does not have to fight downward water pressure. As a result, it delivers dependable pumping power without undue strain on the pump.
- Free Shipping to the continental USA
How Basepump Works
- When water rises above the normal high water level in your sump pit, for any reason, the Basepump float lifts.
- The float then opens a valve, sending municipal water through the Basepump Ejector.
- This water flow creates powerful suction, which draws sump water up from your pit and discharges it outdoors.
- Once the float returns to its normal level, a pre-set timing control keeps Basepump pumping long enough to completely drain the sump before switching off.
- This cycle repeats when the water level rises above normal again.
- More on how Basepump works.
- Basepump is mounted on the ceiling, high above the sump pit, so that it does not have to fight downward water pressure. As a result, it delivers dependable pumping power without undue strain on the pump.
- Ceiling mount also keeps the pump safely away from the corrosion, clogging, debris, and scale build-up that can take place in the sump pit.
- Pump has no mechanical parts, motors, or turbines to break. No maintenance required.
- Heavy duty, corrosion resistant polypropylene construction.
- Float is hydraulic for added reliability, and has no electronic components to worry about.
- No battery, wires, or charger needed to run the pump.
- Built-in Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker Backflow Preventer (AVB) protects your municipal water source. Automatically prevents the sump pit water from being able to back-siphon into your home's clean water source. Learn more about atmospheric vacuum breakers on our page about water-powered sump pump backflow prevention.
- This AVB backflow preventer has been approved by the major backflow prevention authorities and is approved for this application: ASSE #1011 Certified; UPC, IAPMO Approved; CSA Standard B64.2; State of Wisconsin Approval# 20100389; State of Minnesota Approval# 4715.2110(FF); State of Ohio Approval# 608.3; State of Indiana Approval# 608.3.
- Check valve prevents water from reversing and flowing back down into the sump.
- 5 year limited manufacturer's warranty, the industry's longest.
- Each unit is hand-assembled and hand-tested in the USA.
- Fully automatic operation. Starts pumping when needed, whether you are home or away. Completely independent of your main pump.
- Float positioning and cycle timing control are both adjustable, to ensure sump is emptied completely on each cycle.
- Unlimited running time, as long as water supply is available.
- Low cost to operate. No cost until it runs; then only cost is the water.
- More efficient water use than other water powered pumps on the market: 1 gallon of municipal water removes 2 gallons of sump water, at 10' of lift and 90 lbs. PSI.
- Independent water alarm included (a $30 value) to alert you to high water conditions. Can be connected to your security system.
- Can be installed safely in radon-sealed sump pits.
- Works in small sump pits, as small as 10" diameter.
Basepump HB1000-AVB removes 2 gallons of sump pit water for every 1 gallon of city water used. Pumping rates below at 10' lift and the following household water pressures.
- 40 lbs. PSI: 900 GPH (gallons per hour)
- 60 lbs. PSI: 1000 GPH
- 80 lbs. PSI: 1200 GPH
- 90 lbs. PSI: 1400 GPH
- Basepump HB1000 water powered backup sump pump. Polypropylene. Resists rust, scale build up, and corrosion. Fits 3/4" pipes.
- Built-in Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker Backflow Preventer to protect your incoming water source. ASSE #1011 Certified, UPC, IAPMO Approved, CSA Standard B64.2
- Check valve. Prevents water from flowing back down into sump pit.
- Float unit. Operates ejector valve.
- Hydraulic transfer tube. Connects float to ejector.
- Suction screen. Keeps debris out.
- Water alarm. Has relay outputs allowing connection to security system or auto-dialer. 9V battery included (Note - alarm may differ slightly from picture above).
- Flexible PVC discharge hose, 3 ft. length.
- Mounting clamps, screws, fittings.
- Velcro cable tie straps.
- Complete installation instructions. Fully illustrated, easy to read.
- 5 year limited manufacturer's warranty.
See installation diagram at the top of this page. Because of the Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker, this pump must be discharged independently outdoors. The only additional materials you need to buy for standard installation are these 2 easy-to-find lengths of pipe:
- Suction pipe: 1-1/4" PVC pipe, schedule 40 white, 10' long.
- Cold water pipe: 3/4" PEX, Copper, or CPVC tubing.
Water Supply Checklist
To make sure you can use the Basepump HB1000-AVB pump, verify the following:
- Household Water Pressure: You need between 40 and 90 PSI at the Basepump Ejector. Avoid excessive piping from the tee-in point (see the diagram above of the Basepump connection to your water line).
- Household Water Flow: To use the Basepump HB1000-AVB pump, you need to be able to fill a 5 gallon bucket within 30 seconds with water from your home's hose spigot.
- Pipe Types: Basepump requires full-flow copper piping or an equivalent (PVC, CPVC, PEX are all fine as long as they are approved in your area). Basepump CANNOT be used with galvanized iron pipes.
- Pipeline Restrictions. Basepump needs to be teed into your water line before any devices that can restrict water flow. Examples of these devices include: stop & waste valves, pressure regulator valves (PRV), water conditioners, water filters, etc. Water meter must be minimum 3/4" standard.
- Shipping weight: 10 lbs.
- Free standard ground shipping to the continental USA.
- Canadian customers: We must process your orders over the phone. To place an order, call us at 800-318-4159. Ground shipping to Canada is $51 (includes customs duty).
- Call us for quotes to Alaska and Hawaii, or for Second Day or Next Day Air Shipping quotes.
Note: All prices in USD
To see other water powered backup sump pumps we offer, use the product navigation links on the top left of this page. Examples include the residential pump Basepump RB750-EZ, which includes a DIY install kit and backflow preventer, the high performance Basepump HB1000 for higher volume needs, and the heavy-duty Basepump CB1500 commercial-grade pump.