Click to see the rest of the Basepump water powered sump pump product line, or use product navigation at top-left of this page.
- Commercial water powered backup sump pump. Exceptional reliability, heavy-duty construction.
- No battery to wear out or charger to monitor.
- Operates automatically. Independent of your main pump.
- Unique ceiling-mounted design means that, unlike other water-powered sump pumps, Basepump does not have to fight downward water pressure. As a result, it delivers dependable pumping power without undue strain on the pump.
- Free Shipping to the continental USA
How Basepump Works
- When water rises above the normal high water level in your sump pit, for any reason, the Basepump float lifts.
- The float then opens a valve, sending municipal water through the Basepump Ejector.
- This water flow creates powerful suction, which draws sump water up from your pit and discharges it outdoors.
- Once the float returns to its normal level, a pre-set timing control keeps Basepump pumping long enough to completely drain the sump before switching off.
- This cycle repeats when the water level rises above normal again.
- More on how Basepump works.
- Basepump is mounted on the ceiling, high above the sump pit, so that it does not have to fight downward water pressure. As a result, it delivers dependable pumping power without undue strain on the pump.
- Ceiling mount also keeps the pump safely away from the corrosion, clogging, debris, and scale build-up that can take place in the sump pit.
- Pump has no mechanical parts, motors, or turbines to break. No maintenance required.
- Heavy duty, corrosion resistant polypropylene construction.
- Float is hydraulic for added reliability, and has no electronic components to worry about.
- No battery, wires, or charger needed to run the pump.
- Check valve prevents water from reversing and flowing back down into the sump.
- 5 year limited manufacturer's warranty, the industry's longest.
- Each unit is hand-assembled and hand-tested in the USA.
- Fully automatic operation. Starts pumping when needed, whether you are home or away. Completely independent of your main pump.
- Float positioning and cycle timing control are both adjustable, to ensure sump is emptied completely on each cycle.
- Unlimited running time, as long as water supply is available.
- Low cost to operate. No cost until it runs; then only cost is the water.
- More efficient water use than other water powered pumps on the market: 1 gallon of municipal water removes 2 gallons of sump water, at 10' of lift and 90 lbs. PSI.
- Commercial Sump Water Level Alarm included ($89 value). This loud (85 decibel) alarm has its own dedicated float and 2 power sources: 110 volt power cord and battery backup, for uninterrupted operation. It has test and silencer buttons and can be connected to your security system for additional protection.
- Can be installed safely in radon-sealed sump pits.
- Works in small sump pits, as small as 10" diameter.
Basepump CB1500 removes 2 gallons of sump pit water for every 1 gallon of city water used. Pumping rates below at 10' lift and the following household water pressures.
- 40 lbs. PSI: 1400 GPH (gallons per hour)
- 60 lbs. PSI: 1500 GPH
- 80 lbs. PSI: 1700 GPH
- 90 lbs. PSI: 2000 GPH
- Basepump CB1500 water powered backup sump pump. Polypropylene. Resists rust, scale build up, and corrosion. Fits 3/4" or 1" pipes.
- Check valve. Prevents water from flowing back down into sump pit.
- Float unit. Operates ejector valve.
- Hydraulic transfer tube. Connects float to ejector.
- Suction screen. Keeps debris out.
- Commercial Sump Water Level Alarm
- Flexible PVC discharge hose, 3 ft. length.
- Mounting clamps, screws, fittings.
- Velcro cable tie straps.
- Complete installation instructions. Fully illustrated, easy to read.
- 5 year limited manufacturer's warranty.
Additional Pipes Needed for Installation
The only additional materials you need to buy for standard installation are these 2 easy-to-find lengths of pipe:
- Suction pipe: 1-1/2" PVC pipe, schedule 40 white, 10' long.
- Cold water pipe: 3/4" or 1" PEX, Copper, or CPVC tubing.
Water Supply Checklist
To make sure you can use the Basepump CB1500 pump, verify the following:
- Household Water Pressure: You need between 40 and 90 PSI at the Basepump Ejector. Avoid excessive piping from the tee-in point (see the diagram above of the Basepump connection to your water line).
- Household Water Flow: To use the Basepump CB1500 pump, you need to be able to fill a 5 gallon bucket within 20 seconds with water from your home's hose spigot.
- Pipe Types: Basepump requires full-flow copper piping or an equivalent (PVC, CPVC, PEX are all fine as long as they are approved in your area). Basepump CANNOT be used with galvanized iron pipes.
- Pipeline Restrictions. Basepump needs to be teed into your water line before any devices that can restrict water flow. Examples of these devices include: stop & waste valves, pressure regulator valves (PRV), water conditioners, water filters, etc. Water meter must be minimum 3/4" standard.
- Shipping weight: 12 lbs.
- Free standard ground shipping to the continental USA.
- Canadian customers: We must process your orders over the phone. To place an order, call us at 800-318-4159. Ground shipping to Canada is $51 (includes customs duty).
- Call us for quotes to Alaska and Hawaii, or for Second Day or Next Day Air Shipping quotes.
Note: All prices in USD
To see other water powered backup sump pumps we offer, use the product navigation links on the top left of this page. Examples include the residential pump Basepump RB750 along with its cousin, the Basepump RB750-EZ, which includes a DIY install kit and backflow preventer, and the higher volume Basepump HB1000.