For other battery-backup pumps we sell, see our battery backup sump pump category page.
- High-performance battery back-up sump pump
- Easy, do-it-yourself installation.
- Average pumping rate: 900 gallons/hour, at 9 feet of lift
- Corrosion resistant components
- Advanced finish-charger protects battery
- Water alarm alerts you to high water conditions
- Free Shipping to the continental USA
- Easy to install. Stainless steel mounting bracket makes it easy to position the pump. All connections are made above the floor. No re-working of main sump pump piping. Usually takes about an hour.
- Durable construction – The DH900 is made from high grade components. Each unit is hand-assembled and hand-tested in the USA.
- Better charger - High quality finish charger protects you from ending up with an overcharged, dead battery.
- Pump stays dry - Hangs on its bracket above the normal water line, extending its life.
- Check valve protected - Many back-up pumps' check valves are placed close to the primary pump's exit. The high water turbulence at this point can damage the check valve, potentially causing a basement flood. The DH900 avoids this problem by connecting to the discharge pipe 3 to 4 feet above the main pump's exit. This allows you to install the check valve at a safe point where water is running smoothly through the pipe, preventing damage to the check valve.
- Pumping rates: 900 GPH at 9' of lift, 1300 GPH at 5' of lift
- Provides 12 hours of pumping time if pump cycles every minute, 48 hours of pumping time if pump cycles every 5 minutes, and 96 hours of pumping time if pump cycles every 15 minutes
- Each pump cycle above represents 30 seconds of pumping time
- Pumping time can be doubled by adding capacity for a second battery with optional Dual Battery Case.
- Stainless steel mounting bracket included, making installation simple and easy. Usually takes about an hour.
- Everything needed for installation is included, except the battery and a few basic supplies (see Hydropump installation instructions and necessary installation tools below)
- Hydropump is independent of your main sump pump, which means you do not have to rework the main pump or pipework
- Heavy duty, efficient motor allows for long life and running time
- Water alarm sounds when backup pump is operating, alerting you to high water conditions
- High-impact plastic battery case protects the battery and terminals, while allowing plenty of ventilation.
- Double your pumping time by adding capacity for a second battery with optional Dual Battery Case
- Note: Battery NOT included, due to shipping weight. Recommend buying a 12 volt battery at a hardware or automotive store. Any of the following types work: Marine Deep Cycle, Sealed Lead-Acid, Gel Type or AGM. Use case size 27. More information on sump pump batteries.
- High quality finish charger included. Can charge 2 batteries, if using optional Dual Battery Case
- Battery status light indicates whether battery is good or needs replacement.
- Advanced finish-charger safeguards the battery from overcharging, a common cause of dead batteries.
- Motor: 1/16 HP, 12V-DC, 10 AMP
- Charger: 1 AMP Hour @ 12V-DC
- Service: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, GFCI Outlet
- Pump Size: 7" length, 6" diameter
- Pump Weight: 7 Lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 15 Lbs.
- Can be used with a sealed radon cover
- DH900 Battery Backup Sump Pump
- Charger: High performance finish charger
- Float Switch: Tether type with clamp and heavy duty cord
- Battery Case: High impact plastic (battery not included)
- Stainless steel mounting bracket
- Water alarm
- Hardware: hose clamps, 1" flexible hose, PVC tee / check valve
- 2 year manufacturer's limited warranty
- Position pump using floor bracket.
- Set up discharge (3 options): 1) Outdoor Discharge - Pipe discharge hose directly to the outdoors, 2) Indoor Discharge - Install the tee into main sump pump discharge line, 3) Emergency Discharge - Connect hose into a laundry tub or floor drain.
- Mount the float switch.
- Insert battery into box and connect terminals.
- See also Hydropump installation instructions (follow link above).
Additional Parts, Tools, and Supplies Needed for Installation
- Check Valve for Primary Pump (homeowners often have this already)
- Hand Saw and/or PVC cutting tool
- Phillips and Slotted Screwdrivers
- Utility Knife
- Tape measure
- Large adjustable pliers
- PVC cement
- Shipping weight: 15 lbs.
- Free standard ground shipping to the continental USA.
- Canadian customers: We must process your orders over the phone. To place an order, call us at 800-318-4159. Ground shipping to Canada is $51 (includes customs duty).
- Call us for quotes to Alaska and Hawaii, or for Second Day or Next Day Air Shipping quotes.
What is "lift?"
- "Lift" is the height the sump water must be pumped before leaving the house.
- A typical basement is 7 feet tall, plus 2 feet into the sump pit, for a total of 9 feet of lift. Higher lift distance makes the pump work harder, thereby reducing its pumping rate.
Note: All prices in USD
Read our article to learn how to determine what sump pump size you need.